Friday, September 24, 2010

Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bride

Last night one of my most favorite friends, Emily, got engaged to an awesome guy. He popped the question in a photobooth in North Carolina. Sounds quirky and romantic, which is them in a nutshell. I can't wait till she returns to New York next week to tell me all about it.

Here's the catch though: They only just met this past February.

Ironic because another close friend of mine met a guy in February, and just two weeks ago they tied the knot in the hill country of Austin, Texas. She is eight months pregnant. I did the math and am hoping to let out a nice big sigh of relief when (if) the baby comes out looking at all like the father. Who happens to be a dentist ten years her senior (which I find sexy, of course).

When she told me the news earlier this year, she exclaimed, "Match.com really does work!" Did she mean it worked to find her a much older doctor/sugar daddy, or worked to get herself knocked up? (I am a horrible person for saying that.)

I am not so sure what to think about that statement. But if I can sincerely be happy for my two friends and their whirlwind romances, who knows what the future may hold these days.

P.S. Emily was officially my last single friend. I'll be having an extra glass of wine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment